Sharon and Helen; two chartered and state registered physiotherapists are running a pain management programme, called the Pain Exchange. The aim is to enable participants to manage persistent pain and thereby improve quality of life.
The Pain Exchange runs weekly for 12 weeks and includes:
- an exercise class with relaxation
- discussions and education regarding the meaning of pain
- advice by a qualified nutritionist, on the effects of nutrition on pain and fatigue
- discussions and advice on sleep management
- art sessions conducted by a local artist
- social time with refreshments
On request we also provide:
- prayer for healing
- links to agencies who can help with debt counselling and advice on social benefits
- links to the food bank
- links to help with mental health
Our charitable objectives are:
'To protect and promote the physical and mental health of persons suffering from musculoskeletal (MSK) pain and conditions, in particular by the provision of physiotherapy programmes directed towards relief, management and prevention.'
Our charitable aims are:
'To improve confidence in ability to function day to day, for example: confidence to work, either in paid or a voluntary capacity and confidence to engage in social activities with family, friends and/or the local community.'
The Pain Exchange is a registered charity in England & Wales. Charity no. 1166229